myhammer guides > Guide > Gas Safety

Guide,Trade Info

Gas Safety

Autor: | Mittwoch, 19. Oktober 2011 | Kommentare

Carrying out gas work without a proper registration is dangerous and illegal. According to the HSE: “…around 20 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated.”  The Gas Safe Register was put into place to protect both gas engineers and residents/property owners alike.

If you are a gas engineer in the UK, you must be listed on the Gas Safe Register in order to undertake any gas-related jobs. Find out more about qualifying here.

If you are a property owner, check to see if your tradesman is registered before allowing them to undertake work on your property. You don’t have to take their word for it – all gas engineers are required to carry a Gas Safe Register photo ID.

If you do not own your dwelling, it is the landlord’s responsibility to keep the property gas-safe. According to the HSE, landlords are required to:

•    Repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances in safe condition
•    Ensure an annual gas-safety check on each appliance and flue
•    Keep a record of each safety check

You can find free downloadable gas-safety info-leaflets here.

Click here to apply for a free home-inspection.


Need a tradesman?
From hanging shelves to changing a gas cap, TV repair to complete kitchen refits – MyHammer tradesmen and women can do it all! Find the perfect handyman for your job now!


1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (No Ratings Yet)

Related Posts


* Required Fields